As a part of the Design Center at The Merchandise Mart, casual showrooms benefit from all the consumer and design trade marketing and events geared towards building your brand and driving traffic year-round.
Permanent Showroom Benefits
Benefits of a Design Center
Located in the heart of Chicago, Illinois, The Merchandise Mart is home to four floors constituting the world’s oldest and largest design center.
As a leader in the $65-billion residential furnishings market, The Design Center at The Merchandise Mart offers the largest presentation of home furnishings worldwide, all under one roof.
Encompassing over 1 million square feet, boasting more than 150 showrooms and featuring more than 2,000 product lines, it is the design professional’s ultimate resource for luxury indoor and outdoor furniture, fabrics, floor coverings, lighting, antiques, wall coverings, accessories and much more.
The Mart offers the largest concentration of home furnishings showrooms of all design centers in the world…
- Largest Commercial Building in the World
- Over 4 Million Square Feet Under One Roof
- Nation’s First Design Center
- Over 1 Million Square Feet of Residential Furnishings
- Nearly twice the size of the next largest Design Center
- Over 75,000 Manufacturers Represented within all industries
- Over 150 Residential and Casual Furniture Showrooms
- Over 150 Contract Showrooms
- LuxeHome, the World’s Largest Collection of Luxury Boutiques for home building and renovation
- More than 110,000 affluent consumers commute to the downtown area from 20 of Chicago’s most affluent communities, putting them within walking distance of The Merchandise Mart daily.
- 36,000 people per day visit or work in The Merchandise Mart.*
- 60,000 architects, commercial designers, hospitality, contract and interior designers attend shows at The Merchandise Mart each year.
- According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, approximately 11,000 designers reside in the Midwest region (IL, IN, MI, OH, WI)
- The Chicago Merchandise Mart is the headquarters for MMPI, with fully staffed departments including marketing, leasing, legal, finance, etc.
- Full time marketing team, exclusive services
- Opportunity to participate in Design Center and other MMPI events throughout the year to reach the design trade and consumer
- Mailing lists available to each showroom upon request
- Merchandise Mart web site provides direct links to showroom web sites, InResidence newsletter, calendar of events, press releases, updates and services for trade professionals. Showroom splash pages feature photos, contact information and a description further enhancing your branding and visibility, and a great tool for generating interest
- New quarterly newsletter for showroom promotions, new products, etc. mailed to 5,500+ design professionals
- Ongoing research, including surveys of affluent consumers to determine their buying habits, use of interior design professionals and interest in the design center as a source for home furnishings, and focus groups to understand the needs of designers
- The Merchandise Mart houses multi-industry tenants attracting consumers, retailers, architects, landscape architects and industry affiliates.
Why the Design Center at The Merchandise Mart
- Generates additional sales creating a profit center for manufacturers and distributors throughout the year – not just at show time
- Opportunity to increase margins through additional channels of distribution – interior designers, landscape architects/designers and contract designers
- More opportunity to create high-design displays and merchandised vignettes to showcase product
- Allows more flexibility in set-up time for Markets
- Positions your business amongst the leading manufacturers in the industry that reside on permanent showroom floors
- Allows your showroom to participate in the ICFA Preview Show in July to get in front of key retailers for early buys and product feedback
- Being located in a prestigious building with other premier product lines enhances image of quality and brand name awareness
- Increases exposure to a varied audience: designers, architects, retailers and affluent consumers … resulting in added market share
To find out more information about leasing a permanent showroom, please contact:
Vice President of Leasing